UPPER PENINSULA/LAKE SUPERIOR MIDWEST PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS, PHOTOGRAPHY TOURS
*Last Minute* Night Sky Photography workshops - nightly March 18, 19, 20, 2021 (Fri and Sat FULL)
I have arranged a few very last minute night sky sessions for the upcoming clear sky/elevated aurora forecast Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. This is the best way to do it, as night sky success is totally dependent upon weather and weather forecasts can only predict a short time into the future.
If you would like to join me, cost is $195 per person per night, which includes night sky instruction, guiding, lodging, dinner, and breakfast the next morning. (the food is great and portions HUGE). Arrival is 4pm, we do a night sky photography instructional session, then photograph the night sky the rest of the night. You can go in at anytime and your warm comfy accommodations are within walking distance.
Thanks and hope to see you- we potentially have great night sky/aurora conditions coming up!
2021 private and small group photography workshops with Shawn Malone in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
2020 Isle Royale National Park Night Sky Photography Workshop - September 8-12, 2020 - Just announced (CANCELED DUE TO COVID19)
We are back for our 4th year embarking on the 6 hour voyage to Isle Royale National Park to photograph some of the darkest night skies in the midwest. No cars. Dark skies. Moose. Just maybe, the aurora borealis. The solitude of a true wilderness experience abounds. Join us for a trip of a lifetime with five days, four nights photographing the starry skies and beautiful rugged landscape on one of the least visited national parks in the USA - the island of Isle Royale. We may even get treated to the northern lights during one of the most active months for aurora activity (September). Informational pdf is here:
2020 IRKPA Isle Royale National Park Photography Workshop information
Contact workshop leader photographer Shawn Malone to reserve your space: firstname.lastname@example.org 906.228.3686
2020 Winter Adventure Photography Workshop with Nature's Kennel February 26-29, 2020 (FULL - contact to be added to waitlist)
This will be our 6th year offering this unique project between Shawn Malone, award winning photographer from Marquette, MI and owner of Lake Superior Photo - Gallery / Studio and Tasha Stielstra, owner of Nature's Kennel. This three night/four day adventure includes lodging at Chamberlin's Ole Forest Inn, dog sledding, ice cave exploration, and a photography instruction on photographing dogsledding, winter landscapes and the night skies. Shawn is well known for her night sky photography and weather permitting we will be shooting night skies on Big Manistique Lake, that has an incredibly dark view of the north sky. Informational .pdf here: https://www.natureskennel.com/winter-photography-tour For more information and to register, contact Shawn at email@example.com or call the gallery at 906.228.3686.
- Isle Royale National Park Night Sky Photography Workshop 2019 - September 3-7, 2019 (limited space - FULL)
- New! 2019 Autumn Equinox Night Sky Photography workshop in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan - (limited space - full)
Chamberlin's Ole Forest Inn, Manistique Lake, MI - September 26-29, 2019
- 2019 Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan autumn color photography workshop - Silver City, Mi - October 4-7, 2019 FULL - contact for waitlist
- 2019 Summer Solstice photography workshop, Marquette, Michigan - June 21-23, 2019 FULL - contact for waitlist
- The Lake Superior Landscape Summer photography workshop, Marquette, Michigan - July 5-7, 2019 FULL - contact for waitlist
- 2019 Summer night sky Milky Way and aurora photography workshop, Copper Harbor, Michigan - August 2-,4 2019 FULL - contact for waitlist
- Winter Adventure Photography Workshop at Chamberlin's Ole Forest Inn, Curtis Mi., February 3-5, 2019 (limited to 10 participants)